- Backlit 8″ colour touch screen display
- 10 different languages can be selected
- Easily accessible pages thanks to multi-function keys
- Quality Control on 4 cycle parameters
- PID temperature control (up to 420°C)
- 4 temperature control zones (optional 5th zone), with mould temperature adjustment or hot runner 230 V
- Manages and stores over 1000 production cycles
- Program back-up USB output
- Ethernet Connection : TCP modbus
- Pressure control with electronic transducer
- Injection and clamp position controlled with linear transducers
- Proportional hydraulics
- Very quiet motor pump controlled by an inverter
- Euromap 67 (optional)
- Savings in the construction of the mould thanks to the machine platens which act as bolsters
- Low running costs – installed power 3 kW – cooling approximately 120 l/h
- Possibility to move the injection point off centre – 5 pistons from 3 to 15 cc and injection pressures from 650 to 815 bar
- Output for auxiliary control
- Cooling circuit (6 zones)
- Temperature tolerance band
- Hydraulic ejection with ejector return sensor
- Air blow and core pull functions
Quality of parts produced
- Mould with few cavities. Simple dimensional accuracy. Thanks to the low hourly cost you can obtain a competitive cost even with moulds with a few cavities.
- Easier to balance cavity layout. The sprue can be easily balanced in moulds with a few cavities and allows a reduction in sprue size.
- Homogeneous mould temperature. Thanks to the possibility to have temperature control directly in the cavity plate.
- Plastification of materials without frictional stress. Thanks to its unique plastification system, the temperature in the plastification cylinder is homogeneous and every single granule is plasticized by direct contact with hot metal spheres. In this way, the resin is not subjected to overheating due to friction.
- The residence time is reduced in the injection unit. Thanks to the reduced size of the plastification chamber (15cm³), the material remains at transformation temperature for very little time even if the weight is less than 1 gram
Low cost of production
- Low ELECTRICAL consumption. Only 3 kW of power installed, Inverter for motor speed control. Consumption when in cycle 1.5 to 2.5 kW
- Reduced time for mould and material changing. cavity plates fixed with two screws to centre the mould on two precise sides on the machine platens. Material and colour change with approx. 100/150 gr.
- Low sprue/part ratio. Direct injection to the cavity plate, reduces the sprue size. Average weight of sprue for 4 cavities: 0.6 gr.
- Low consumption to cool the mould. Mould dimensions reduced to just the cavity plate, thereby reducing time and energy (cooling/heating) to achieve and maintain the correct mould temperature.
- Production space required less than 1 m². Thanks to the compact size (1×0.6 m), the complete production space required (machine – chiller – power supply – cast separator – dehumidifier – robot) is less than 1 m².
- Flexibility in high production. Production is split onto multiple machines, in case of problems, only part of the production is stopped. Batches in different colour can be produced simultaneously. Starting from small production you can increase it by replicating machine/mould.
Low investment in the mould
- Moulds with a few cavities. Thanks to the low hourly cost of the machine (approx. 1.5 to 2 €/h) you can obtain low production costs even with moulds with a few cavities. Especially for technical parts where the cavity cost is high, (use of slides, etc.) savings in the reduced number of cavities leads to significant cost reductions.
- Construction of cavity plate only. Thanks to the particular concept of the machine platens that act as bolsters, only the cavity plate needs to be made for the Babyplast machine.
- Mini hot runners up to 16 drops. Due to the high popularity of applications on Babyplast, key manufacturers of hot chambers (Ewikon – Thermoplay – Gunter – Witosa – Asso) have developed specific mini hot runners for Babyplast up to 16 drops. In some cases, thanks to a special machine nozzle, it is possible to inject directly into the part using a special machine nozzle with hotrunner tip.
- Standard mould parts. A range of standard mould parts is also available (produced by Rambaldi or Hasco) for Babyplast moulds in different types of steel, whereby only cavity construction work is required. This allows for considerable savings in time and costs of mould construction.
|Oil tank capacity||l||15|
|Power supply||3 ~ 400V. 50/60 Hz. + Neutral + Earth
3 ~ 230V. 50/60 Hz. + Earth
1 ~ 230V. 50/60 Hz. + Earth
All movements are fully hydraulic
All the movements of the machine are controlled by a high efficiency motor pump unit controlled by an inverter.
Special machine platens
The original design of the machine platens act as bolsters which means that just the cavity plates need to be made. Hence, reducing the size and cost of the moulds significantly.
The moulding process is governed by two microprocessors, which control and manage the movements, the times and the temperature of the production cycle.
The pressures are controlled by the machine thanks to the proportional hydraulic system.
Camp pressure is controlled while closing in low pressure.
Colour touch screen display
USB output and Ethernet connection (Modbus TCP)
Cooling to the various parts of the machine, including the mould, is controlled by a water manifold. A mould temperature controller for Babyplast (only 0.7 KW) is also available for mould temperatures up to 90°C.
Heating the mould or hot runner
The machine has an extra heating zone for the mould with temperatures up to 200°C, (plus a second optional zone on request). This enables the mould temperature to be controlled directly via the machine display. The same zone can also be used alternatively to control a special nozzle or hot runner.
Off centre injection
C10013300 - Pneumatic operated flap to reject out of tolerance parts. Installed on separator with roller "RB026SR". Controlled by activating the quality control function on the machine: Each time there is a cycle out of tolerance, compared to the previously set reference cycle, the pneumatic flap is activated and rejects the parts produced in that particular cycle.
A wide range of nozzles is available for various requirements:
- RB006UO – Shut off nozzle;
- C1006656400 – Mixer nozzle – to obtain uniform colour using masterbatch. Available with a standard injection hole or with a 1 mm diam;
- C20004100 – Nozzle with a hole diam. of 1mm;
- RB008PEW – Nozzle for direct injection – direct injection into the part is possible low temperature materials (max 240°C) without using a hotrunner.
RB081AV – Designed specifically for Babyplast; it helps the supply of materials which are normally difficult to load.
- Complete with venturi;
- Reduced weight: about 600g instead of 6 kg, which is the weight of a standard loader;
- It can also be installed on the standard hopper;
- Use in a clean room: the air used can be directed out of the clean room;
- Direct control via the display of the Babyplast/AIU;
- Possible to contain and maintain a few grammes in the hopper.
ATTENTION: USE ONLY DRY AIR
RB051DE – Dehumidifier F. Micro2000
- Cap. 1.5 dm³;
- 1/230V/50Hz -250W;
- Max temp. 180°C with venturi supply and loading sensor – Babyplast adapter.
Minimal energy consumption, it allows the material to be kept dehumidified and at the pre-heating temperature. Installed directly on the Babyplast plastification unit
ATTENTION: USE ONLY DRY COMPRESSED AIR
2K A second injection unit (Babyplast UAI) can be installed on Babyplast 610P for bi-component moulding or in mould assembly. The UAI is completely autonomous (it has a separate hydraulic and electronic control unit), it is easily removable and can also be used on standard injection moulding machines by fixing it directly on the mould.